Thank you C.B. Wentworth for inviting me to play BLOG TAG.
At least I think I mean thank you and not curse you. I will let you know if I ever get to the end of this little assignment. As a child I was not that good at being IT. As an adult who has learned that no one wants to listen to me snivel about stuff, I have decided to play by the rules and give it my best shot. And I was kidding about the cursing. I’m flattered. Really, I am.
I hope everyone who reads this will check out C.B.’s blog by clicking on the above link – it’s a delight to read and you’ll be glad you did. I’ve been following her poetry, stories, artwork and photography – there are awesome things there for everyone.
The rules for playing blog tag are….
- You must post the rules
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post
- Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged (or use the existing ones)
- Tag (eleven) people with a link to your post
- Let them know they’ve been tagged
Here are the questions I’ve been given, and my answers to them. Everything you never wanted to know about me and more great links coming up:
1) What is something you’ve always wanted to learn how to do? Teleport. Right now it’s science fiction, but if instantaneous travel ever becomes reality I am SO going to be a frequent flyer.
2) What is your favorite quote? “I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.” (Agatha Christie)
3) What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done? I gave birth to babies. And then, even scarier, I had to be their mother.
4) If there were no rules, what would you do? No doubt I would make some up.
5) Stick shift (manual) or automatic transmission? Automatic is certainly easier, but manual can be a lot more fun and definitely makes you pay closer attention to what you’re doing.
6) Mac or PC? I’ve only ever had a PC but I’ve heard so many good things about Macs, when this lap top dies I think I’ll make the big switch.
7) You are a published author at your first book signing. What message do you write with your autograph? Happy reading? I have no idea, and feel confident that this scenario will never come up. But for sure I’d use a really great pen, like a fine point sharpie. In purple, maybe. Doodle some hearts and stars. Personalize it with your name, which I will have to ask you how to spell. Add a few hugs and kisses. The line up will be slow-moving. Better bring a coffee with you.
8) What charity is closest to your heart? All the health related ones I guess. Heart and stroke, cancer, diabetes. And children’s hospitals. Research and prevention. We wouldn’t have to be searching so hard for cures if we could prevent these things from happening in the first place.
9) Name something that you think is underrated. Yoga pants. If everyone wore them, this world would be a much more relaxed and happy place.
10) If you could give yourself a new name, what would it be? Ultimate Supreme Queen of the Universe has a nice ring to it.
11) What book or event changed your life? I don’t know if reading “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle changed my life, but it did change the way I look at it, and the way I experience things. Instead of constantly reliving the past or rehearsing imagined future situations in my mind I am learning to let the involuntary thinking subside, giving way to stillness, peace and the joy of Being. There is something to be said for having an empty head. Put on your yoga pants and try it.
Here’s the 11 questions for those I have tagged:
1. When is the last time you did something for the first time?
2. What would your life be incomplete without?
3. What is your greatest fear?
4. What makes you smile or laugh out loud?
5. What’s your worst habit, and what are you doing to change it?
6. Who (or what) is your best friend?
7. What makes you sad (or mad) enough to cry (or punch somebody)?
8. If you owned a boat, what would you name it?
9. What’s your proudest accomplishment?
10. What did you want to be when you grew up and how did that work our for you?
11. If you were making a movie about your life, what actors would you chose to play yourself and your significant other(s)?
(Question number 12 is Do you hate me for tagging you? but you can skip that one if you think I won’t like the answer.)
I am tagging:
slapppshot…tales of a single dad
There are many more tag worthy people I follow but the rules state that I must stop at the magic number of eleven. If I’ve missed you, please feel free to answer my fascinating questions anyway. One way or the other, I’d love to hear what you have to say. There was a lot of messing around to be done getting all the links right, but this was fun anyway. And if it directs some new fans to these and other great blogs, my work is done.
9 thoughts on “Blog Tag – Wanna Play?”
No thank you Lin it’s not me! I’d get fed up very quickly
I know – I was getting kind of fed up with it by the end too! lol
i would be glad to play, but i usually don’t participate in awards and tag because i have this phobia that i’m going to insult the bloggers that i don’t choose. but thanks for thinking of me. that’s very kind of you.
This is only the second time I’ve done the awards/tag thing and it will probably be the last for several reasons, including the one you mention. Hope the link to your blog brings you a few (well deserved) new readers. 🙂
aww thanks. same to you.
This is on my To-Do list. ;D
YAY! Looking forward to your answers. 🙂
Pingback: BLOG TAG GAME – I’M IT « ANIMAL MY SOUL
Pingback: BLOG TAG GAME – I’M IT | ANIMAL MY SOUL