There is no rest for Our Lady of the Lists
In honour of day fourteen in my December 2012 Book of Days, here is my list of 14 random things I want to say. I’m sorry I can’t be more specific about this particular lists contents until I’m finished writing it. Before I went out shopping this morning I had to shuffle through that conglomeration of attempts at getting organized that you see above. The pile of lists is considerably smaller now. But there’s never any real end to them. So what the hell, here’s another one.
1. My favourite wine is on sale at Superstore this weekend so I picked up four bottles of it, and just for good measure, two more of another kind that was recommended to me by a very reliable source, also on sale. If that isn’t enough Christmas wine to last us through the holiday, we are entirely too fond of it.
2. W. has agreed to host one of his famous fish fries for our family over the holidays. Delicious all you can eat fish in batter with a side of not exactly fries, but more like real English chips. I love a man who can cook.
3. For the first time in umpteen dozen years, I have my very own Avon lady. She is sweet and she delivers to my door.
4. The Bath and Body Works White Barn Sandalwood Vanilla scented candle is lovely. I have four of them. Because, (I don’t know), I seem to be doing things in multiples of four. They’re a little on the pricey side, but they last a long time and the fragrance from one candle goes everywhere in the house.
5. Apparently I have 202 followers here. Huh. I wonder how many of them are real people who did this on purpose? Ultimately I don’t care. Just seeing that number makes me smile.
It’s a number that starts with 13! Woot!
6. This Likes badge popped up in my notifications a few days ago and it also made me smile . Do these things come in multiples of 1337? If so, hopefully it doesn’t take my blog another six years to make it to 2674. I love cryptic milestones.
7. I’m done with stocking stuffers and I’m done with gifts, except for a couple of things that are ordered and have to be delivered and should be here next week. Expected time of arrival is now the 17th. I can keep it together for three more days, I’m almost certain.
8. People who love to wrap gifts are cordially invited to my house for a gift wrapping party. It’s one of my least favourite things to do on the list of things I whine about having to do. I was going to start it early this afternoon, but I’m putting it off and complaining about it instead.
9. Since I’ve misplaced my recipe for a layered dip that I make every other blue moon I looked one up on allrecipes.com and found this Layered Seafood Dip which is very similar except for the addition of crab meat. I don’t remember using that before. But I’m going to now, and I’m sure it will be good.
10. Against the recommendation of a very UNreliable source, I have purchased Christmas blend Starbucks coffee. This person told me it wasn’t very good this year. If I started a list of all the things this lady has told me that turned out to be deluded nonsense, I’d be here all day. So I won’t start. And I’m sure the coffee will be fine.
11. I think I’m down to only two lists now, not counting this one! But, you know, the day isn’t over.
12. W is going to come with me to do the final grocery shop (which never ends up being final, no matter how many damn lists you stuff in your handbag). We’re aiming for Monday to pick up most of the perishables and produce and fresh things that, if they didn’t go bad, we’d stock up on in October just to avoid the crowds.
13. If he’d come with me today I could have had him carry six clinking bottles of wine in two plastic bags across a slushy slippery parking lot fearing for his life. Liquor store parking lots are not for the faint of heart.
14. Fourteen was a rather ambitious number of items to aspire to for a list, even for me, but there it is. The book of days is nearly halfway done!