Daily Prompt: When was the last time someone told you they were proud of you?
I have given this one a tremendous amount of thought, and here are my ten possible answers.
2. I can’t remember exactly, but I think it had something to do with potty training.
3. Stop it. Pride is a sin.
4. Hey, I’m the one who should be proud, not you. Why do you get to feel proud?
5. Shut up.
6. Is there a wine that goes with that?
7. I don’t normally do exceptional things inspiring proudness. Laughter I can provoke. Or crying. Or both at the same time. But no one has ever said they’re proud of me for that. Although it could be only a matter of time before it happens because you never know, right?
8. Pride cometh before a fall.
9. I think my mother and father were proud of me but they wanted me to be humble so they never mentioned it.
10. Did you know pretentious, jazzy and la-di-da are all related words? Huh. Too bad this question didn’t involve a couple of those. THEN you would have seen a great answer.
I asked W this question and right away he told me when it was said, by whom, and for what reason. Gawd, sometimes he annoys the hell out of me.
6 thoughts on “When WAS the Last Time??”
Pride is one of those things — it’s often very had to tell someone you’re proud of them — unless they’re a child and we tell them all the time (which I don’t think is necessarily a good thing — we should be more selective about what we’re proud of them for). It’s late, I’m rambling. A good post.
I know the la-di-da is from Annie Hall, but just jazzy is a mystery…oh its grandma lin. Dianne
Well, I’m proud of you for having this blog and keeping it up. Unless it’s not hard at all for you, ever, in which case I take it back. 😉
Hmmmm. . . . okay this got me to thinking too. I think the last person who was proud of me was myself. HA!
I have to think about that a bit!!
Pingback: Daily Prompt : Proud / The Daily Post | MKG- Memories-Keepsakes-Gifts