Here’s all the interesting and pertinent advice from my tarot cards for today. (I don’t deal actual cards and make things up, I let my horoscope app do that for me, and then I just pick out the good parts and ignore the rest.) The reason there’s so much of it is because I ‘re-deal’ until I get something I like. This is also more or less how I live my real life. Dwell on the good stuff, turn my back on the crap.
1. Keep things on a light, even shallow footing and you will be fine. Deep topics can wait for another day. See how I’ve taken this advice already, writing a post with very little depth or insight? Okay, I know, it’s certainly not the first time. The rule that says to write about what you know doesn’t give me a lot of scope or options. I do the best I can with what I’ve got. Plus steal from the tarot.
2. At work under the combined auspices of the Devil and The Wheel of Fortune, restlessness and impulsiveness are at a peak. Don’t act without thought. Don’t allow yourself to get carried away by your enthusiasm. OMG, like that last bit has ever happened. Lately I feel like I’m working for the devil and she spins a giant Wheel of Annoyance to decide on the next area of distress and vexation. Then when we’ve got the chaos and frustration worked out of that one, it’s time to give the wheel another spin.
3. You will be able to indulge with great pleasure and good humor in the pleasures that this day has in store for you. Yay! Good for me. I hope I’m smart enough to recognize them when they pop up.
4. Take the occasional pause to breathe. Wow. That’s probably the best advice anyone could pass along to those of us who are inclined to forget the simplest but most essential things in life. I’ve seen what happens to people who stop breathing.
5. Try to find balance and calm in your life today and new encounters will be characterized by sweetness and gentleness. I am a big fan of balance and calm. I try to remember that happiness is all around me. Love is in the air. Peace begins within. We are all Gods children. Even though some of us are brats.
Okay, I’m ready to face my day. There is light at the end of every tunnel. The mist will surely clear. Forget being paralyzed by self-doubt. I have great inner strength and power and a glorious zest for life!
Gah. I think maybe it’s time to give the cards a brief rest.