Daily Prompt: The Glass Is the glass half-empty or half-full?
This is a good test for optimism and pessimism, but we all know the real answer is not that simple. There should be a few more options here, because all things in life are not black or white, right or wrong, empty or full. There’s always a few gazillion shades of grey, maybe, and sort of to be considered.
Every question deserves multiple choice answers as options. So here you go. Please check all that apply:
This glass is
1) half-empty – Boo!
2) half-full – Yay!
3) half-full of water and half-full of air and come on, who really cares.
4) most definitely not the right shape for wine
5) missing ice – where is that damned waiter when you need him?
6) free from fingerprints and thus very suspicious looking
7) the last one left from the set that Aunt Martha gave us when we got married
8) probably a brilliant way to drink straight vodka without drawing attention to yourself
9) making an ugly water ring on my table
10) half-empty because my thirst is fully quenched. I’m pouring the rest of it down the sink.
11) still half-full because my thirst is fully quenched. Anyone want the rest of it before I pour it down the sink?
12) sparkly and shiny right out of the dishwasher because of the rinse agent that is no doubt full of deadly chemicals but don’t worry about that, just be happy about the sparkly and shiny part and drink this, okay?
13) perfectly all right, and the shape is no longer important to me. Just pour me some wine. Half a glass is fine.