My Dear Breathing Space, Blog of My Life, Disturber of my Good Nights Sleep:
So sorry for blatantly ignoring you lately and being a bad blogging friend so that no one wants to read you because you have nothing to say. I have lots of great reasons and excuses, but you’ve heard them all before so we’ll just skip that tedious part of this letter and get right to the point, which is my ingenious Plan To Do Better.
1. Every Monday I will write a poem, giving all of us just one more good reason to hate Mondays. I will incorporate whatever the Wordnik word of the day happens to be. I apologize in advance, and will find nice pictures that may or may not be relevant to take your mind off the fact that it’s poetry.
2. I will do a Just Jazzy 24 Day Advent Calendar from the first of December to Christmas Eve. It will involve more creativity than putting the numbers from one to twenty-four on twenty-four bottles of red wine. Although that might also be fun, involving a Christmas I wouldn’t be able to remember…..
3. I will answer at least one Daily Prompt a week, no matter how hard the topic makes me roll my eyes. It’s time to stop being such a critic and just answer the damned questions.
4. Trifecta is brilliant, the writers are brilliant, and it would be brilliant of me to take every one of their challenges. I will try. I cannot promise brilliance, but it would be brilliant to have that aim.
5. I will also try to respond to comments because I love getting them and it’s horrible bad manners not to. I’m basically a really nice person, albeit a ridiculously lazy one, but being rude is never acceptable. Why do I keep forgetting that? It’s not okay. Smarten up, you inconsiderate moron.
Okay, that’s it. It’s worth a try. November was a write-off for a post a day for me. There was too much to read. On line and off. Here’s to a better December 2013 book of days.
Love from your Omnipotent Creator
(who will sleep better tonight, unless she starts worrying about breaking these promises, in which case we can both disregard all of the above nonsense.)
Just kidding. I love you.