What one thought will you focus on this year to bring more peace? Call it a mantra, a resolution, a pebble in the pond of your consciousness that will send out ripples of peace throughout the year.
I have a female brain. I’ve decided to blame it for the fact that some days I can’t seem to focus on one thought for five minutes, so choosing a thought to last a year is a daunting task.
My mantras change with the weather. But they’re all good ones. Here’s a list which skims the top of the many different ones that go galumphing through my head. I know, that doesn’t sound very peaceful, does it? But if I can grab hold of a calming thought and breathe it in, I can also breathe it out. May you find some small thing here to soothe your soul.
1. Everything you go through, grows you.
2. You were given this life because you are strong enough to handle it.
3. Choose to see the good stuff.
4. Let it out or it will eat you away.
5. Feel everything deeply, both the pain and the joy.
6. Find the calm in the storm.
7. Be still and listen.
8. Create something beautiful.
9. Do small things with great love.
10. Laugh. Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
11. Just do it. Because why the hell not?
12. Do not let the world make you hard.
13. No one heals themselves by wounding another.
14. Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
15. Don’t waste the rain. Play in the puddles.
16. Choose kindness.
17. It’s okay to make glorious, amazing mistakes because that’s how you learn.
18. Be grateful.
19. Your life has purpose, your voice matters.
20. Tell your story.