Three things about the road trip last Sunday:
1. Dry, bare roads in the sunshine encourage me to drive faster than the speed limit. I used to have a little four-cylinder car that wanted to die going up the hills. Now I have a car that wants to pass everything. Twinned highways are the best.
2. There are spots along this route where there is no phone service and no radio reception.
3. I have favourite bathroom stops along the way. Because I’m not fond of surprises.
Three things about the road trip yesterday:
1. There were scary sections where slushy ruts had frozen solid. Black ice was a definite possibility.
2. There are a lot of big truck operators who do not observe Remembrance Day as a holiday.
3. I seem to be honing my skills for missing turns on arrival anywhere, including home. I drove by the turn off I should have taken, took the next one, and drove into a maze of new residential developments which I then had to find my way out of. Once I knew where I was, I took yet another TWO wrong turns. Talk about your scenic route.
Six things that will make me read a blog. (A Nano Poblano Random Prompt)
1. Lists and random photos. (So, is this working for you??)
2. Likes. I like how Word Press suggests taking a look at the likers posts. I like to do that.
3. Common interests. Or completely uncommon interests. This is a wondrous place. I especially like to read blog posts by people who have answered the same prompt. Or by people who have tackled the same subject. Or by people who have written about subjects of which I have no knowledge whatsoever.
4. Recommendations by people whose blogs I already follow. If I like you, chances are very good that I will also like whoever you like.
5. Comments. If someone new takes the time to comment on something I write, I will make a supreme effort to check out their blog. My supreme efforts sometimes fall short, but I am trying to bump up the supreme part of that and get better at doing it.
6. Reading the comments on other blogs often prompts me to click on the commenter to see what else they have to say. I am really nosey. I have found a lot of incredible blogs that way.
What makes you read a blog and decide to follow it? Are you still reading this, or did your mind wander before making it through to the end of the first list? Do you think I should start using the direction finder thing on my phone???
Have a great Wednesday! I’m off to sign some important business papers. Supposing I don’t get lost.