Or maybe I should say “art du réveillon de Nouvel an,” which might mean New Year’s Eve art in French, but to be safe, don’t quote me. These are footprint pictures I did for one of K and C’s bathrooms for Christmas, because my son admired the ones hanging in mine that I did for myself. Don’t ever admire something in my house unless you really mean it.
The photo was taken at night in not very bright light, so the colours are a little weird, but there’s never a lot of natural light in bathrooms anyway so maybe this is what they’ll look like, except less blurry. Also I think they would look better hung side by side.
Okay! My year in review!
Ha ha, sorry to scare you, I’m just kidding. I survived it and that’s what counts. If I don’t feel like looking backwards at the things I lived through, I can’t imagine why anyone else would want to. My life is just not that damned interesting. Onward and upward to another new start on the road paved with good intentions. That doesn’t always lead to hell, does it?
Whatever. I have a plan. It may sound as if it’s made up of very vague resolutions. Because it is.
- Try to blog something every day, even if it’s just a picture or a quote or a weather report. And once you are disciplined enough to do that, hopefully some of your posts will turn into something better.
- Share your world fifty-two times!
- Use your page-a-day calendars for inspiration!
- Answer some WordPress prompts! Maybe lay off the exclamation marks!
- Creating art every day is a pretty lofty goal, so try for twice a week. And if there’s more than that, well yay! I mean just yay, with less excitement.
Have you ever been so overwhelmed with all the things you want to do that you just sit down and don’t do anything? Wow, I hope it’s not just me who does that. And I hope I’ve gotten that bad habit out of my system for a while with such a slack assed December. Pardon my French.
January, my least favourite month ever, with 31 dreary days, is coming right up. I would like to fill it with fun. I have two half bottles of red wine in the fridge to finish up (in five ounce increments per day because that’s what diabetics are allowed) so I need to get right on that before it all goes bad. I have several art projects on the go, and several more in my head. Chapters had their calendars on for half price today so I walked down there and bought three of them.
PREPARED is what I am. Bring it on, 2016, I’m ready for you.
Happy New Year everyone.
You must be logged in to post a comment.