Don’t say you didn’t learn anything today. Happy Sunday.
Yes! It’s another self indulgence day! I know, nothing new here! Plus a repeat of a favorite day. Since I always have a terrible time favoring something above something else, I’ll just do whatever I like. Well, yeah, some days it does not suck to be me.
I’ve been ignoring my Tarot Readings lately (and finding that life goes on anyway) but today I will change all that by actually opening up the app, dealing some cards, reading what they have to say and drawing conclusions as I relate them to my real life.
Well, that’s the plan. No one can predict success or failure in this random hit or miss type of undertaking with no living psychic involved in the endeavor. It might be fun, though. We might all learn something. About pigs flying and that kind of thing.
This is from the app aptly named Tarot Reading. Look at me, taking a screen shot on my I-Pad! It only took a couple of google attempts to find directions I could understand because I couldn’t remember how to do this. (Why am I admitting such a thing??) Anyway, on to the readings.
Past – The Fool – This is the beginning and you need to embark on a journey of greater understanding of yourself and life. You cannot remain impulsive and childlike in your beliefs and actions. Plant a seed and a tree will grow. (I hate it when somebody tells me I can’t be impulsive and childlike – it makes me want to stamp my feet and pout.) (And cross my arms and roll my eyes and mature stuff like that.)
Unconscious – The Chariot – You can achieve success in any enterprise of your choice by overcoming obstacles which stand in your way. This success comes from making decisions based upon your beliefs and confidence. Your willpower and diligence will help you emerge from potential adversity as the victor. Enjoy the moment. (Even though you just said my beliefs and actions are impulsive and childlike, I guess now I have to forgive you. Victorious or not, I promise to enjoy the moment.)
Future – The Empress – The richness of your feminine charm and devotion brings the possibility of love or marriage closer to you. Feelings for love, marriage and family are deepening. You feel perfect contentment and a desire for a bright future. This card also means wealth and luck. (That seems to be laying it on a bit thick, but the charm thing certainly makes sense.)
Environment – The Emperor – Open, clear, honest objectives will win support. A feeling of energy, motivation and ambition abounds. There is a sense of purpose and a desire to move forward. Believe in yourself and your visions and others will follow with confidence and commitment. This card indicates rules and structure and the ability to think rationally. (Clearly, the Emperor has mixed me up with somebody else.)
Present – Magician, reversed – Indecision and uncertainty. A cloud of insecurity has descended over your creative energy. The card indicates that the power remains but something is holding it back, the energy is blocked. A project may fall apart and you may lose heart. (No I won’t. My creative energy is just taking a nap. I will wake it up very soon. I will not lose heart, nothing will fall apart and the magician will be flipped up the right way around very soon. Just ask the Emperor.)
Solution – Strength – Courage and strength show that you can do what needs to be done. This card indicates hope and achievement of ones aims. Willpower, faith, perseverance and trust in ones own ability to do what needs to be done can eventually lead to success. Take control of your life. This card is also sometimes the symbol of great passion. (Except for the great passion addendum, I think that’s pretty much what the Emperor and I just said.)
Conclusion – Death – End of an old cycle and the beginning of a new one, although it does not always mean the end, just perhaps a change of direction. Transformation. An old cycle must die in order to let a new one begin. It may be a difficult transition. However, it will bring new possibilities and vitality if you are prepared to let go of the old and allow for the new in love, work, marriage, or health. (It’s always a little scary to draw the death card, but whenever it can be linked with work, well, yay for the death card. The countdown to retirement and personal transformation is indeed on.)
Believe it or not, I drew the cards only once, and not a dozen times. It seemed like a good omen to have so many of them right side up first try.
Cin’s Feb Challenge Day 26 and 27: indulge yourself, fave day and do it again
Go to your Stats page and check your top 3-5 posts. Why do you think they’ve been successful? Find the connection between them, and write about it.
The stats page gives me a headache so I rarely open it up, but today I’ll make an exception for the sake of the Daily Prompt. My most popular post of all time happened on February 27th of this year, the momentous day on which almost 600 people popped by to view whatever nonsense I was going on about on that particular day, even though it was nothing new or different or even particularly clever. A normal day here appears to be about 60 views. The stats page doesn’t tell us what percentage of these views are purely accidental, but I suspect it’s at least half.
I’m no statistician but that has never stopped me from making wild conjectures on any blog related topic. And let’s face it, all topics are fair game when it comes to the blogging world. What I’m pretty sure happened on February 27th is the WordPress Statometer got hit by lightning, resulting in a power surge and scrambled stats for this blog for all time. My other theory, in case that one isn’t right, has to do with tags. People search for the damnedest things. Apply all the recommended tags even if they don’t make any sense in relation to whatever you’ve written, and see what happens. Or you could just mention Johnny Depp. That one is pure magic.
My top 3-5 posts and pages include my home page/archives, the oxymoron poem (which I wrote from memory and had nothing at all to do with creating), my May Post for Peace (begging the question – what’s wrong with the rest of the months?) a couple of book and movie reviews, and a post in which I mentioned astrology, horoscope and tarot cards.
The magic connection here is brain fog. I am convinced that all of my followers suffer from it. Except you of course. You and I are perfectly normal. The stats prove that. I haven’t yet figured out exactly how they do that, but they don’t lie. That’s all we really need to know.
The final mystery today that even the stats people might have difficulty solving is why the media gallery thought this post required a picture of some random bald guy wearing a curtain. Surely more interesting things have occurred in the month of February. Or maybe not. I am now being prompted to apply a cartomancy tag to this post, even though I have only a vague notion of what that might be, and the spell checker is telling me I haven’t spelled it correctly.
My point is…. in blogging, the pursuit of connectivity can make you cry. I strongly advise against it. Just mention Johnny Depp at every possible opportunity, and your stats will eventually go right off the charts.
Here’s all the interesting and pertinent advice from my tarot cards for today. (I don’t deal actual cards and make things up, I let my horoscope app do that for me, and then I just pick out the good parts and ignore the rest.) The reason there’s so much of it is because I ‘re-deal’ until I get something I like. This is also more or less how I live my real life. Dwell on the good stuff, turn my back on the crap.
1. Keep things on a light, even shallow footing and you will be fine. Deep topics can wait for another day. See how I’ve taken this advice already, writing a post with very little depth or insight? Okay, I know, it’s certainly not the first time. The rule that says to write about what you know doesn’t give me a lot of scope or options. I do the best I can with what I’ve got. Plus steal from the tarot.
2. At work under the combined auspices of the Devil and The Wheel of Fortune, restlessness and impulsiveness are at a peak. Don’t act without thought. Don’t allow yourself to get carried away by your enthusiasm. OMG, like that last bit has ever happened. Lately I feel like I’m working for the devil and she spins a giant Wheel of Annoyance to decide on the next area of distress and vexation. Then when we’ve got the chaos and frustration worked out of that one, it’s time to give the wheel another spin.
3. You will be able to indulge with great pleasure and good humor in the pleasures that this day has in store for you. Yay! Good for me. I hope I’m smart enough to recognize them when they pop up.
4. Take the occasional pause to breathe. Wow. That’s probably the best advice anyone could pass along to those of us who are inclined to forget the simplest but most essential things in life. I’ve seen what happens to people who stop breathing.
5. Try to find balance and calm in your life today and new encounters will be characterized by sweetness and gentleness. I am a big fan of balance and calm. I try to remember that happiness is all around me. Love is in the air. Peace begins within. We are all Gods children. Even though some of us are brats.
Okay, I’m ready to face my day. There is light at the end of every tunnel. The mist will surely clear. Forget being paralyzed by self-doubt. I have great inner strength and power and a glorious zest for life!
Gah. I think maybe it’s time to give the cards a brief rest.
No no no, I don’t mean you, of course. Shut up is what the cosmos is saying to me today, in a slightly less rude way, but still, the messages are clear. My astrological forecasts, horoscope and tarot readings appear to have ganged up on me. It’s like they all got together at a meeting and came up with these words for me to live by. Or they just thought it would be a funny thing to do on a Monday. I’m not pretending to understand how it happened.
1. Don’t offer any opinions.
2. Where a need to refrain from speaking your mind exists, hold that thought.
3. Avoid shenanigans.
4. Try to stay calm, quiet and balanced.
5. Stop overreacting. Let it wash over you.
6. Avoid confrontation. Get away by yourself.
7. Take the phone off the hook.
8. Don’t believe anything you hear until you can withdraw to think it over.
9. You might not come up with all the right answers today.
10. Your viewpoint will not be welcomed by others.
What in the world are the odds of just about every one of these suggestion and advice givers (I read four on facebook and three on my phone) telling me to keep my mouth shut today? Well nobody said I couldn’t write a blog post….although after all these warnings I’m kind of afraid to jot down any kind of hypothesis or idea and risk pissing off the universe.
So whatever you got out of this, I SINCERELY DID NOT MEAN IT.
There. I hope that appeases the stars and the heavens and intergalactic space. Tomorrow will be a better day once I get back to being my normal assertive bullheaded self. I know, I can’t wait either.
I’m subscribed to an app on facebook that sends me Tarot Card readings in my e-mail every day, and some days it’s like receiving random sage advice from an ancient relative, like my grandma, for example. She was very free with her advice even if it didn’t make a lot of sense. Once she told me that if I ever poked myself with a sewing needle I should make sure it was threaded so that it would be easier to pull out. I’ve never had to heed those words of wisdom, but I’ve certainly never forgotten them either.This new substitute grandma I’ve adopted is rarely that confusing, and sometimes borders on inspirational. Everyone could use a little stimulus and motivation in their lives. And it’s easier to accept these words to the wise when they’re not repeated six times and followed by are you listening to me??
So here’s some excellent guidance that I’ve received in the last little while, which I can take or leave on a whim and nobody’s feelings get hurt. In real life I tend to have very selective hearing so I’ve carried that over to the printed word and picked out only what I consider to be the good parts.
1. Keep your attention on the positive. (Yep, negativity can kill you.) (I’m totally serious, it can.)
2. Give yourself a day off if you can. Get some rest. (I would like to take this to heart every single day for the rest of my life but if I don’t win the lottery, perhaps I’ll have to settle for every second day.)
3. Don’t try to push things that are not important. Don’t let minor arguments or misunderstandings get under your skin. (Hmmph. Easy for you to say. Hard for me to do. So I’ll just not allow the fact that you said that to get under my skin.)
4. You just may surprise yourself with how well you do under pressure. (Or, you just may surprise yourself with how completely you freak out and then crumble into a weeping mess. It’s a toss up. But try to remain positive. And get up off the floor for heavens sake.)
5. Get out there and play like a carefree child. You need to get out of the house and have some fun right now. (Go away, I’m playing word games on my I-Phone.)
6. There will be wonderful news and exciting possibilities coming your way through different forms of communication. Information about the past will be a benefit to your future. (Really? Are you suggesting that I shouldn’t have cancelled the newspaper? I must admit I was a bit miffed when they wouldn’t let me put a five month vacation stop on it.)
7. You are even hotter today than yesterday. Unforgettable energy is pouring from your love sectors. You will attract attention no matter where you go. (HAHAHA! YES! I will be laughing so hard about that one all day that many people will begin to watch me carefully while questioning the state of my mental health.) (I will later google love sectors to find out what the hell they are.)
8. Don’t be a stick in the mud. (I’m not. I’m looking up love sectors, aren’t I?)
9. You may find that your creative talents provide an unexpected spiritual outlet. (Huh. That would be nice.)
10. You feel that you are being misunderstood right now by just about everybody, no matter what you say or do. (No I don’t! Shut up!) You are tempted to sneak quietly away and never come back. (I’m running away from home as we speak,) But will that change anything? (YES! ) Probably not. (Oh.) Don’t give up on your dreams just yet. (Okay, fine. As if you know everything.)
Thank you adopted grandmother Tarot. You are one smart cookie.
I’ve just spent an incredibly fun week with my sister – Ron and Jo arrived yesterday afternoon from Calgary to pick her up, and they’ve headed back towards home this morning, via the states. Shopping, eating out, going to movies, messing around with our PHONES. Someone will no doubt invent something soon which will keep ones phone permanently attached to ones left hand! Bridesmaids is one of the funniest movies I’ve seen in a very long time. We liked it so much the first time, we took Jo with us last night and watched it again! And of course we talked and talked and talked.
Yesterday we visited the Russian Tea Room on Jasper Avenue where readings are done – definitely a first for me, and I think it might be fun to go back again, being a little better prepared. At the end she said she would answer ten questions for me, and after wracking my poor little brain I think I may have been able to come up with five. I really wonder if my life is so incredibly boring that she couldn’t get into too much about me personally, but there was certainly lots and lots of stuff to do with family. She did point out right away that I’m a very strong person, an earth sign surrounded by Alphas, but the one who keeps everything together – the rock of the family. And apparently to me, home and family is everything.
I picked the Tarot cards and a full life reading – might as well go for the full meal deal. Right away she started talking about my “son”, but it turned out to be my grandson once we established his age at 9 or 10. He is bright and creative and destined to do something very brilliantly different with his life. At some point he’ll have a falling out with either his father or his father-in-law. I hope it’s not his dad – can’t even imagine that. My ‘around the same age’ granddaughter also has a hidden passion yet to be discovered. It will take her a very long time to figure out what it is and may involve books or writing, but it’s something she has to discover on her own. If she marries, it will be later in life. There is a pregnancy in the family that I’m very excited about, but it’s not my immediate family. That would have to be my brother’s first grandchild, unless I’m missing something here. There will also be a conception in October. Which would mean another baby next July. I suppose there’s many possibilities for that one.
She told me I’m separated from my husband. That was a little disconcerting, even if she simply meant by distance. But then I guess there’s all kinds of distances. She said he has health problems but is in denial about them. (Name me a guy to which that doesn’t apply). I will outlive him. It is highly unlikely that I will marry again. Instead I will become the Ice Queen. And my granddaughter is already the Ice Princess. My son and his wife ‘take in strays’ and would like to save the world. My daughter is the most spirited person in my life, and we have drifted apart and come back together many times. She is a person who always gets what she wants, but mostly what she ‘wants’ is all wrong for her. I have never much liked any of the men she’s been with, although I don’t say so, and am just relieved when they’re gone, although also sad because I wish her happiness.
She told me my side of the family is all good, no big issues going on, but a lot of stuff going on with my husband’s side. His father is not in good health and kind of done with living. His mother will live to be 100. (huge huge sigh from me…lol). I did ask about W’s brother but she definitely skirted around that one, which makes me think the prognosis is probably not good. For me, my blood pressure and circulation are possible areas of concern, and maybe some arthritis. She told me I will have a stroke when I’m 93. I made her repeat that number – how amazing if I live that long! And she thinks the stroke might be fatal. Gawd, at that age I don’t think I’d want any other outcome really. She said I will never be rich, but will always be comfortably well off. There is more money coming in the not too distant future.
She told me that I’m fed up and bored with my work and have lost all enthusiasm for it. There is a move coming in the next 2 to 5 years, could even be sooner. My husband does want to move and it’s possible that something will happen soon which will set the process in motion. This next part of my life will see me being the happiest I’ve ever been, as long as I start preparing now deciding what I’m going to do with my time. Otherwise I’ll sit around twiddling my thumbs going stir crazy. She suggested that I like boats and fishing. That got an eye roll. I’m sure they’re in my future, but liking them is a stretch. She also told me I think I don’t like to travel, but that it’s really something I secretly enjoy doing and I should do more of it. There will be two trips this year, one inland and one having to do with an ocean, although not necessarily crossing it. And this Christmas may be a good time to break with tradition and take a trip. (Later Dana told me she and Jen have been thinking about a Mexican Christmas! I’m sure they were wondering how they’d ever convince me to join them!!) I’m so obviously a stick in the mud about so many things.
I have also come to a point in my life where I’m completely done with solving other people’s problems. I just don’t want to do it anymore. I want them to ‘get out of my head’. She said that my sister and I are very different. (Since other psychics have consistently told Ann she is a born healer, I will have to assume that a healer is something I definitely am not.)
Anyway, what can I say? The whole process was just great fun. Next time I’ll feed whoever it is a lot more information, and I’m sure that will give me a lot more interesting stuff in return. And I’ll definitely dream up a few more questions! Man, what a completely uncurious person I am. Dana had her reading done right after mine, and I think the psychic quite enjoyed doing the mother/daughter thing. There is a soul mate in Dana’s future! I’m more excited about it than she is I think!! Too funny. We must just sit back and let the universe unfold as it should. Or something like that. And when you think about it, seriously, what else can you do?