Did I promise you historical pictures from long ago? Well here’s a furry little face from the past. I still have this kitchen, but there have been a few changes.
- Our cat, Ash, hanging out in the tea towel drawer just because she can, is no longer with us. That drawer still holds dish towels, but less cat hair.
- The brass cupboard handles were changed to blue wooden knobs. At the time I believed that was a vast improvement.
- The green countertop (which I didn’t like, because GREEN) has been replaced with a blue one.
- We no longer have that white coffee pot, that wire utensil holder, that Braun mixer, that cutting board or that paper towel holder. Proof that I am very good at wearing things out.
- The wallpaper is long gone. I originally put it there to cover up green tiles. Then I discovered paint for tiles, removed the paper and painted the tiles white. That paint turned out to be amazing stuff and is still there.
- I think we have had about three different stoves since this one.
- If we still have that coffee cup I expect it is somewhere holding pens and pencils like all the other retired coffee mugs in my house.
- The frosted flakes and the contents of the red bowl have been eaten.
- If you look closely you can see the bottom of a spice rack on the upper part of the stove. I took that apart and made it into a book holder which I duct taped to our tread mill. Sadly I do not have a photo of that piece of work.
- I believe that blue thing sticking out of the drawer beside the cat might be a crocheted tea cozy. Such things no longer exist in this house. They have gone the way of the tea-pot.
I suppose I should thank my cat for her love of small spaces and her knack for doing annoying things, because otherwise this historical kitchen photo would not exist. And you would never have known about recycled spice racks.