Tonight we played the game called Things, which has motivated me to write about all the things that made me happy today. Yes, I am THAT desperate for inspiration.
1. We slept late. That’s the royal we. Probably everyone else was up and being quiet.
2. The fog rolled in and then it started to rain.
3. The rain stopped and the sun came out.
4. Canada won the Men’s World Curling gold medal, because Scotland let them catch a break. It was very close.
5. We had a lovely roast beef dinner. My contribution was a broccoli dish which actually turned out to be edible.
6. I got a really great picture of my grandchildren sent via phone, an easter greeting from my daughter, a couple of texts from W, and a gazillion requests to play Words With Friends.
7. My brother told us some stories about the wild things he did when he was in his teens. I don’t understand how he got away with them. I wonder why I didn’t learn from his example. Or maybe I did.
8. I’ve been into the spiced rum. It tastes just as good here as it does anywhere else. And after the third one, even better. But I switched to Bailey’s after that and lost my powers of observation for a bit so I’m unable to comment on what happens after…how many did I say? Four? And what was I counting again?
9. I ate a piece of apple pie. It seriously would not be an Ontario holiday if there wasn’t pie.
10. I haven’t had time to comment on anyone’s posts, although I’ve been quickly reading and enjoying them when I can. The only reason this is on my list of things that made me happy is because getting back to blog surfing is one thing I’m looking forward to when I go home.
My days seem to be getting shorter at one end and longer at the other. Eventually I’ll have to get that turned back around. A good start would be not reading half the night away. Which I better get going on while I’m still conscious. The only thing here that goes bump in the night besides the dogs tail is my book falling on my face when I doze off. And if I’m reading my Kindle – ouch.