Jazz Has a Sense of Humor (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Thank you Molly at http://mollyfielddotcom.wordpress.com/ for thinking of me for the “creepy-chain-maily” award. HAHA! I love it. I’ve turned out to be good at accepting these things but not so great at passing them along – unlike Molly, who is able to accept three of them with aplomb in one fell swoop. Amazing. Click on the link to see for yourself. I hope this gets her some extra attention, because she has a fun blog and a great sense of humor. Instead of making a list in this post of blogs I love to follow, I’ve decided to update my “appearance” here with a “Blogs I Follow” widget. This was so incredibly EASY, I have no idea why I didn’t do it sooner. The only problem – the maximum number for the list is 50, and it picks up the latest ones I’ve followed, and not the ones I’ve followed the longest. So some of my oldest and dearest friends are missing from this grid. Boo.
No matter, you know who you are, and I don’t love you any less. And it’s quite possible that I’ve sent you an award already that you’ve politely ignored and are breathing sighs of relief now that it’s not happening AGAIN, thank Christ. Sorry to the few people who would never say that.
English: Johnny Depp at a ceremony for Penélope Cruz to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I’m supposed to list seven random facts about myself, but I’ve decided to copy and paste a bunch of questions nobody asked me and assume that will more than cover the requirements. This is the bulletin part you can skip over entirely if you already know more about me than is good for your health.
- What’s better, being an adult or being a child? Being an adult doing childish things.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own? Three that I wear – thirty or so that live in my closet.
- If space travel became possible for the average person, would you go? Only under heavy sedation.
- If you were given a large sum of money to donate to a charity of your choice, which charity would you choose? Cancer research. We need prevention and we need a cure.
- Reality TV: Good or Bad? BAD BAD BAD. Because the reality part is a big fat lie.
- If you could be a character in a book which character would you be and why? Alice when she returns to Wonderland as an adult and gets to hang out with Johnny Depp. I mean the Mad Hatter. I know it’s a movie. I don’t care.
- What is the weirdest food you have ever eaten? Muk-tuk. Although I’m not sure I swallowed any of it.
- What laundry detergent do you use? Purex or Sunlight. Did you need to borrow some?
- Do you think aliens exist? Yes. But then I think a lot of strange and unbelievable things.
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate, no contest.
- What is the worst job you have ever had? Being a waitress when I was a teenager. That’s why, ever since, I’ve been amazingly nice to wait staff no matter how bad they are.
- Are you a dog, bird or cat person? Cat person because they’re so independent, but lately I’ve become a non-pet person altogether.
- Favorite ice cream presentation: hard packed or soft serve? Cake cone or sugar cone? Seriously, any of them, it really does not matter in the least.
- Favorite time of day: dawn or eventide? Dawn. With the whole day ahead of me. At eventide, I’m usually remorseful that I didn’t take full advantage of that whole day ahead of me.
- What do you like most in others? A sense of humor. The ability to really listen.
- What is the most frustrating part of your craft? My lack of ambition.
- What do you do for exercise? HAHAHA! Oh – were you serious?
- What is your favorite personal quality in yourself? My sense of humor and ability to really listen.
- Is where you are right now in your life where you expected to be? More or less.
- What would you change, if you could, about your life per your answer above? I’d be retired already with a shit load of money.
- What is the greatest sorrow you have experienced? The death of my parents.
- What is your greatest joy? My family, my kids and my grandchildren and how life goes on.