I have good news and bad news. The good news is:
1. There’s green grass here. Really! I saw some.
2. The snow has all but disappeared where I live. All that’s left is what remains of our backyard snow mountain. And it’s looking pretty pathetic.
3. Today it rained! You might even say poured! For roughly 45 seconds. Hey, it’s a start.
4. The wind picked up and blew stuff everywhere. Sorry, I can’t remember why I think that’s good news.
5. I now have two days off in a row. Be still my heart.
The bad news is:
1. My eyes are itchy and weepy.
2. My sinuses are giving me grief and we will soon be out of kleenex if this keeps up.
3. I am trying to sneeze my face off.
4. My throat feels all scratchy.
5. Snow mold is brutal.
It seems like such a shame to have to close all the windows when the weather is finally getting nice. I go through this to some degree every spring. I look a mess for several days and then suddenly, as fast as it comes, it goes.
Allergic rhinitis – harbinger of spring. I would prefer birds, actually. But whatever heralds spring this year is fine with me – I’ll take it and be glad.