Anyone remember Dragnet and Joe Friday? It was one of the first television shows I ever watched. This guy was always trying to get people to stop voicing their opinions and making wild assumptions about whatever crime he was investigating, and just stick to the facts. Week after week he had to keep reminding them. So just for you Joe, five random facts about my day. (With some opinions and wild assumptions thrown in. Sorry, it’s human nature. You should know that by now.)
1. One of the best mood lifters in the world for me is to go to work leaving my house looking like pigs live in it and come home to find it sparkling clean. I do pay for this miraculous service and believe me, it is worth every single penny.
2. I have been studiously ignoring January and not bothering to hate it. If it does pop into my head I just make a quiet wish for it to go away. Look how well this is working for me! It’s over half gone already!
3. There is no kind and polite way to tell someone her kid is a little shit. Chances are she suspects it already anyway. (This particular darling boy had two pairs of mangled glasses that looked like they’d been in a food processor. On high.) Mom wanted to know why they were such a mess. I’m pretty sure she didn’t really want to hear my honest opinion so I kept it to myself. Her child will probably grow out of the glasses mangling stage at some point in his life.
4. Someone found my blog by searching for “fish hair“. For once in my life I am at a loss for words.
5. The temperature outside is two degrees above freezing. What month is this again?? Back to normal and 18 below (celsius) by Sunday. Sometimes normal sucks. But that’s okay.
WOOHOO! Tomorrow is FRIDAY, Joe Friday. And that’s a fact.
You must be logged in to post a comment.